Network License Manager Installation
SIMetrix uses FlexNet Publisher® by Flexera Software® for network license management. This must be installed on one of your company servers for LAN and WAN network licensing.
Please review the following before proceeding with installation:
For installation you will require the license manager software and a license file.
Installation on Windows
As administrator, perform the following:
- Copy the license file to the desktop
- Run the installer by right clicking the application icon and choosing Run as administrator
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted for a license file, provide the one copied to your desktop.
Once the manager is running, SIMetrix and SIMetrix/SIMPLIS networks licenses can be used by machines on your network. Your users will just need to know the name or IP address of the server the license manager is running on.
If you receive error messages during the installation, check our support page on license manager installation issues.
Installation on Linux
As root, perform the following:
- Create a directory for the license manager, we suggest
- Copy the license manager and license files to this directory
- Start the license manager with:
./lmgrd -c [license-file-name]
The license manager can be stopped with:
./lmutil lmdown -q
You may wish to install a run-level script to start up the license manager automatically when the machine is booted or enters a particular run-level. Please refer to your system documentation for more details.
Once the manager is running, SIMetrix and SIMetrix/SIMPLIS network licenses can be used by machines on your network. Your users will just need to know the name or IP address of the server the license manager is running on.