Verilog-A and Verilog HDL for SIMetrix
Verilog-A and Verilog HDL is available for use with the SIMetrix Simulator in all Pro and Elite versions of SIMetrix and SIMetrix/SIMPLIS.
What is Verilog-A?
Verilog-A is a more advanced form of analog behavioural modelling as implemented in most SPICE programs by an arbitrary source. But whereas an arbitrary source can implement only a single static equation, Verilog-A provides a complete language with advanced features such as looping, events, conditional statements, arrays and much more. Further, because Verilog-A is compiled to binary, the resulting model is fast and efficient.
Verilog-A has a wide variety of applications. Examples include, semiconductor devices, behavioural models, electromechanical systems, DSP functions and A-D and D-A conversion. It is even possible to implement digital functions with Verilog-A and for simple devices this is sometimes more efficient than a digital implementation as there is no need for A-D interfaces.
What is Verilog-HDL?
Verilog has become the preferred hardware description language for IC and FPGA design. The Verilog-HDL feature provides the ability to simulate closed loop mixed-signal simulation by including Verilog digital designs with analog circuits. This makes it possible to study the interaction between a digital system implemented in Verilog with its analog front and back ends.
- Supplied with fully integrated open-source Verilog simulators
- Also possible to use third party Verilog simulators with Mentor Graphics® ModelSim® fully supported
- Verilog-A analog modelling language compiler
Who's it for?
- Engineers who want to extend their circuit simulators to use the industry standard Verilog hardware description language.
- Engineers who need sophisticated high-performance analog models