Updating to Latest Version
|Released||15 August 2016|
You want to update to the latest version that you are entitled to with your license.
The product is updated over-time in two different ways. Firstly there are major feature updates that provide new functionality, these need to be installed from an installer that you download. Secondly there are minor patch updates that primarily provide bug fixes, these can be downloaded through the application directly.
This article will describe how to update your product to the latest version.
Updating to the Latest Feature Release
To update to the latest feature release:
- Go to the Download Latest Version page.
- Provide your download page username and password. If you do not have or cannot remember your username and password, contact email@example.com
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Performing an update to the feature release does not remove any previous versions of SIMetrix or SIMetrix/SIMPLIS that you have installed.
If you are out of maintenance and ineligable for the latest feature release, you can use the Download Archive to access older versions.
Updating to the Latest Patch Release
To update to the latest patch release:
- Open the application.
- Go to the menu Help > Check for updates...
- A pop-up box will ask you to confirm to check for updates. You can also use this pop-up to optionally allow the program to perform automatic updates.
- If your version is up-to-date, a pop-up box will display telling you this.
- If there is an update available, a pop-up box will display asking if you want to download the update. Proceed with the download and it will install the update. Installation will require the program to restart.
If your Internet security block you from downloading the patch, then you will need to download the update separately. Please follow these instructions for the Manual Update Procedure.
KB entry ID: 000002
Last revision: 15 August 2016Print this article